Welcome You are not currently logged in. Organize Today! Looking for more information on Organizing your workplace?
What's New at Local 104 COVID-19 Accommodations
Download: Signed Covid Notice.pdf
Position opening at Woodland Park Zoo
Here’s a link to the position https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=2896112
Any union members with questions about the position are welcome to reach out to me via this email, firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone, 206-548-2428.
Want to help people see wildlife in a whole new way? Come join our Exhibits Team as a Metal Fabricator!
What you’ll do:
- Perform and lead other workers in the fabrication and maintenance of vehicles, equipment, machinery and buildings.
- Repair irrigation systems.
- Weld materials.
- Think "outside the box" to find creative solutions to unique requests.
When we’ll need you:
- This is a regular, 40-hour work week, benefited opportunity.
Who you are and what you bring:
- You are a hard worker who thrives in a team environment.
- You are able to interpret drawings and specifications and lay out work using blueprints, schematics and manuals.
- You are comfortable working in various indoor and outdoor environments.
- You know about metal working, construction and maintenance of a variety of machines.
Want to know more? Read the full job description here!
- Resume required, cover letter preferred. Applications accepted online only.
- Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; priority will be given to applications received by Friday, March 6, 2020.
Woodland Park Zoo is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, or gender identity/expression.
PAY RATE $33.66 per hour, plus benefits FULL-TIME/PART-TIME Full-Time EXEMPT/NON-EXEMPT Non-Exempt REPORTS TO Exhibits Manager NUMBER OF OPENINGS 1 REQ NUMBER FAC-20-00003 EOE STATEMENT Woodland Park Zoo is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, or gender identity/expression.
THIS POSITION IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS.
Welder? Need work?
Brothers and Sisters
If you are laid off and want to weld test for Vigor for upcoming work that is expected to last for 3 years, call the Hall at (206)623-6473. You will be given a number to call to set up your testing date and time. The number of open positions is expected to be between 50-75 at this time, and could climb as high as 100.
The test is --- 1” plate, three position (horiz, vert, overhd) 101 TM wire, gouge the backing off. If pass visual, they will be sent for x-ray. Applicants are not paid for the test, allow two days.
They will also be testing for aluminum, 5/8” plate.
We will have 101 TM and aluminum at the training center(s) for Members to practice, if needed.
How they got their name... Brother and friend James Keller